Sunday, March 17, 2013

So much for daily postings....

December was my last post.  With all I am responsible for, it really doesn't surprise me that it's been three months!

Several things have happened since my last post.

  • I attended a leadership conference in Orlando.  Met teachers who could not believe what was going on with education in Louisiana.  They really became interested when I asked if they had a republican governor. Taught them about ALEC, Stand.org, Broad Foundation, American Federation for Children, Bloomberg...... At first they looked at me like I was a nutcase, but I saw them Googling......
  • Had my second COMPASS evaluation. Rubric still doesn't fit all teachers. LDOE has promised "greater guidance". Still waiting.  They launched a "Teacher's Toolkit" with no new information, no promised videos of what a "Highly Effective" teacher looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment